all poets welcome!

HOW TO BECOME A CONTRIBUTOR:

Just send an email with "join san juan poets" in the subject line to terriclark@centurylink.net

We will reply with an invitation to join the blog!





Saturday, March 21, 2009

under suspicion

I am still under suspicion
done with jail
but always being watched
people set their clocks by me
I am useful
if you look hard enough
a house wren landed on the porch railing
stayed 30 seconds
and then flew off
a week before one landed
on my shoulder
I still believe
in the variegated blue hue
of dawn
and the cacophonous silence
that swallowed my voice
the pantomimic dancing bones in the
garden juggle my mind
I will be out in a couple of hours
apropos of Rimbaud
I really will be someplace else
*
(with W. Frawley & J. Eaise)

1 comment:

Daniel Finn said...

there is a real personal tone in this poem that I like
and the emotional angle moves around

the variegated blue hue
of dawn
and the cacophonous silence
that swallowed my voice
the pantomimic dancing bones in the
garden... this imagery is gorgeous

the shift in tone in the last line and the ambiguity I dig, but I'm puzzled when i think about it too much . ..aprpos of someplace else, we each have are own. I'm fine with that

the personality of this poem is a salient impressor if that makes sense, do you have a group personality?

is a collaboration something like a collage?

thanks for the inspiration