all poets welcome!

HOW TO BECOME A CONTRIBUTOR:

Just send an email with "join san juan poets" in the subject line to terriclark@centurylink.net

We will reply with an invitation to join the blog!





Monday, May 18, 2009

ad lib

i have to ad lib today
i am trying to look passably like myself
my list of excuses includes rabies
my buddy the squirrel wants an audition
at the mandatory all staff meeting
and says it is all one song
anyway
good morning mister sisyphus!
it is overcast and raining
indoors and out
in an outward manifestion
of my interior
which is packed with sardine~people
who are missing a few zeros
swimming in olive oil
humility forbids me to list my many skills
my portfolio could pay for one large pizza
in a vacant empty land
thanks for the dark ages
i won't write lyrics about it
there is nothing i don't already have
that i want
i like the peach blossoms
a half full soda bottle that is fizzless
i love that feeling of being trapped
in a bar
and to slip out one of the side doors
in my sailboat...
didn't hit land until the next morning
which is now
the human world
the masks
the coffee
the smoke
*
(A collaborative effort with James Eaise... we hacked up some emails... a short time before his business meeting... mandatory and without sleep!)

No comments: