all poets welcome!

HOW TO BECOME A CONTRIBUTOR:

Just send an email with "join san juan poets" in the subject line to terriclark@centurylink.net

We will reply with an invitation to join the blog!





Sunday, May 2, 2010

diary of a woman who vanished

bodiless
above a vast night ocean
I dreamed you were lost
in the enormous sadness of water
between the slide of monstrous ships
I called out
but the air grew heavy
with lines, triangles
the endless
creation and dissolution
of inner sky
formless
I woke with eleven
luminous strangers
peeling mandarines by silent windows
for a moment glimpsed
your ravaged lion's head
your bright blackbird eye
but I was mesmerised
by a vase of sun-edged magnolias
by drifts of dust motes falling
in afternoon light
like a thousand
silver egrets
your movement is sharp
precise
and I wake with your hair
wound through my fingers
the smell of burning cloves
in your mouth
you hiss
where are you?
what are you?
but I am
voiceless
except for the language of snakes
the dry rattle of their digestion
you speak and it begins to rain
have you forgotten?
we live only where the breath turns

my left eye closed:
a white horse wades up to its breast in blood
my right eye open:
Sirius rises – ashes return to branchless trees

2 comments:

antoniozart said...

again~ beautiful.
you are a very gifted poet.
~A

=[g e OR g e]= said...

Je reste sans voiX.

I remain speechless.

[signed]= L'aveu(gle)