all poets welcome!

HOW TO BECOME A CONTRIBUTOR:

Just send an email with "join san juan poets" in the subject line to terriclark@centurylink.net

We will reply with an invitation to join the blog!





Sunday, February 7, 2010

Coffee Shop...

I sit here pissed off waiting for you…
Why the hell do I allow this to happen again…?
Is it my hair, the clothes that I wear, the size of my waist?
The way that I taste….
My cup is running dry….so I sit here wishing a fine guy would
Offer to fill it for me…..I smile to myself…”there you go again”…”Stop dreaming girl!”
Sitting in this coffee shop wondering just how I got myself into this mess again…
It’s 1:00pm…but I have nowhere to go…glaring at my cell phone…
Angry at the messenger….not caring who I hurt…I just want to throw a fit…be pissed!
If I got up now….left…walked out…would he even know I was even here?
Walk in after I am gone….smell my perfume…feel the warmth of the chair …
Or will I be once again cast aside like the empty coffee cup now sitting here next to me…
So, I sit here pissed off again…tapping out my feelings…wondering how long I will wait…
Fighting the urge to say “fuck it”…wondering why I even came….wishing my life would change…
I sit here pissed off in this coffee shop wishing I was invisible….
Wanting to sink into the background…kicking myself for caring…looking at the clothes I am wearing…
Understanding why he never came…

5 comments:

Unknown said...

I like this, I can relate to this, thank you.

Emeila said...

At times I could relate how you were feeling

antoniozart said...

Lisa~ good to have your work here!
This poem reminds me of so many days hanging out in NYC cafes waiting for someone to show...
and if they did...it was Always late...
good stuff!
Anthony

Lisa said...

Thank you everyone :-) I will post more soon. Also, thank you again for having me onboard...

Lisa said...

Also, on a side note to Emeila, I looked at your profile and I noticed we are exactly the same; same age, same sign, everything...sort of scary :-) Now if you say your birthday is June 10th. "Forget about it" then we must be twins :-) I also looked over your blog....and even there you are the same..wow!