all poets welcome!

HOW TO BECOME A CONTRIBUTOR:

Just send an email with "join san juan poets" in the subject line to terriclark@centurylink.net

We will reply with an invitation to join the blog!





Thursday, February 25, 2010

Rain Song

Alaska dawn
light seeps through windows
another morning lying
beside you
match, light, curl of smoke
cigarettes held lightly
between bruised lips
lazy limbs in a tangle
a lock of your hair
lay across my throat
like a cornsilk rope

I don’t belong to you
i don’t
even know
if we belong together
but feels like forever
since i’ve been home
and somehow
i’m tied to you
by silky strands of hair
icicle blue stare
the rough sweetness
of a drunken midnight kiss…

Outside, rain slips
into snow
hits the window
like little whispers
like your breath in my ear
like your fingers
lightly holding mine
like a breath
caught and suspended
like snowdrops
on my tongue

something of you
lingers in me
when you’re not here
although
those days are rare
still i tell myself
i don’t belong to you
and i really don’t care…

No comments: