all poets welcome!

HOW TO BECOME A CONTRIBUTOR:

Just send an email with "join san juan poets" in the subject line to terriclark@centurylink.net

We will reply with an invitation to join the blog!





Wednesday, February 24, 2010

I won't participate (1985)

I won't participate

as much as I possibly can!

that big mouth over there is murdering me

I've been saying the same thing all along

they taught us how to speak

the mission is to tether your will

to temporary relief

by crawling into their mouths

but I didn't know you could Yodel

goodbye to everything

I can go on like this for hours

when I have to mow the lawn

let's talk about the revolution

at first I didn't prefer playing alone

but it was always better than company

company was hard on my knees

all plans are contiguous

at least in the minds of victimologists

who watch time kill them and curse

I'm glad it came and I'm glad it went

(I'm not listening either)

the rains aborted the vapors

withered my nipples before my eyes

could refocus I spilled

the entrails of the bird and cat taffy

stick to the night

I'm still talking about evolution

the elixirs and portions

its just the bubbles that make you feel full

its funny though how you can ask without smiling

the birdsong is missing

its no picnic here

I don't know how to explain this once in a lifetime

your way or no way

and sheer fiction had never occured to me!

is this as close to real life as you can imagine?

I walk like a child with a man on his back

but never mind fat during polite conversions

Welcome! to you!

I'll be empty later...

there's nothing I can do about it!

are you the police?

No comments: