all poets welcome!

HOW TO BECOME A CONTRIBUTOR:

Just send an email with "join san juan poets" in the subject line to terriclark@centurylink.net

We will reply with an invitation to join the blog!





Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Grief

grief

my first home

can you imagine

making wreathes of wind

for your hair?

I should be happy

with duty

with

obedience comes

more than my share

every necessity comes

with resignation

until we find ourselves

holding hands with

an agitated inconsolable

inward stare

1 comment:

Terri Clark said...

...can you imagine making wreaths of wind for your hair?...

what images come to mind! I can feel the exhilaration of standing in a wind-raked landscape with determination and conviction in my heart!

This line alone makes this poem one of my favorites!